Koh, born in 1973, studied Music Education at Chulalongkorn University (1991-1994). He attended to workshops with the Great Saxophone professors such as Mr.Trent Kynaston,
Mr. Roger Greenberg, Mr.Heavey Pettel and Mr.Michael Paolo.
- In 1990 Koh won the award of the Best Outstanding musician from the Thailand Coke Music Award Program.
- In 1991, Koh and his band were selected and be awarded as the Champion of the Nescafe Music Festival.
- In 1992 Koh and his band were awarded as Champion of the Yamaha Thailand Band Competition and reached the final round of the World Finals in Japan.
Since then he performed in over 10 different countries and recorded 5 solo albums. He also performed in hundreds of records, films, television shows and commercial jingles.
Koh began his professional career in 1989, when he was only 16 years old. Later he became a member of different bands such as Boy Thai Band (Thai modern music), The Jazz Infinity (Thai Fusion Jazz) and T-Bone (Thai Reggae and Ska Band). Koh finally formed his own band called “The Funk Machine Band” playing fusion jazz, funky and pop jazz music and played in many clubs in Thailand.
During this time Koh performed with artists such as Bird (Thongchai Macintai), Jennifer Kim, Body Slam, Loso and many other top artists in Thailand. Koh also performed in several concerts and festivals in and out of Thailand such as:
- Tribute to Rewat Buddinant
- Seefah Deepblue Concert
- Bangkok Music Festival
- Hua-Hin Jazz Festival
- Bangkok International Jazz Festival
- Satoru Shionoya Group Jazz Concert (Thailand)
- Asian Art Festival (Singapore)
- Penang Jazz Festival (Malaysia)
- KL Jazz Festival (Malaysia)
- Jazz Festival in Sarawak (Malaysia)
- Sanya Jazz Festival (China)
- J-Asian pop concert (Japan)
- Thai Festival (Japan)
- Unit Asia Band Southeast Asia Tour 2008, (Singapore, MaLaysia, Brunei, Philippines, Japan)
- Thai @Trafalgar Square 2008, (UK)
- Unit Asia Band Japan Tour 2009, (Japan)
- 15th World Saxophone Congress July 7-12 2009, (Thailand)
- Rhythm Meeting Band World Tour 2009, (India, Switzerland)
- Tastes of LONDON 2009, (UK)
- Koh Mr.Saxman Live in Bangkok 2010 Concert featuring with Kaori Kobayashi as a special guest
- Unit Asia Jazz Band (Asian tour & Middle East) 2010
and played in several important musical functions in Italy, England, Ireland, the U.S.A, etc.
Koh has released 5 solo albums as “Koh Mr.Saxman”, 4 albums with GMM Grammy (in the genre of Thai Pop and Fusion jazz), 1 album with own production and the latest album –The Sound of Saxman– with Mellow Tone. Many of his songs got extended radio play and reached the Top on radio charts. And his latest album “Happy Moment”.
In 2003, Koh won the prize for the “Best Instrumental Song of the Year” with the song “Rush Hour” from his first album “Mr.Saxman.”
Koh teaches music and saxophone in the music departments at Mahidol University, Kasetsart University, Rangsit University and at the KPN music academy. Koh has also organized the Saxophone community in Thailand into a society called the “Saxsociety” (www.saxsociety.com).
Koh continues to serve as an official Endorser of P.Mauriat Saxophones (www.pmauriatmusic.com).
Impassioned by the Jazz music, today, he launched his own music house called "Chillin' Groove Records" promoted throughwww.chillingroove.com.
"Chilling music" symbolizes a new way to feel the music melody shared with other brillant artists within Chillin’' Groove Records and called "Tasty Music"...